Topic Brainstorm

Rama of Nazareth
So the first idea I have definitely has to do with my background as a Religious Studies major but I think it would be cool to somehow create a storybook that combines elements of the epics with the Christian gospels. I think the most interesting way to do this would be to take stories from the epics and set them in the time and place of the gospel stories and perhaps possibly taking a gospel story and re-imagining it in ancient India.  I think this project would require knowing a lot about the themes and storytelling styles of both the epics and the gospels in order to make the influences of both clear.

Potential Sources:


How Does It Go Again?
I think it could be cool to create a storybook that complies/creates a number of different versions of the epics. I know that the different versions vary in plot and style so I think that could make for a really cool Storybook focus. I think I could create a choose your own adventure type of storybook that allows people to explore plot differences in one of the epics. I am most familiar with the Ramayana so I lean towards using that one in my Storybook.

Potential sources:

Astra Instructor
As I mentioned in my favorite place post I am a certified archery instructor thanks to my summer job. I think it would be fun to create a how-to/safety manual for some of the different weapons in the Indian Epics. Having to relay this kind of information to children as really taught me how to be creative with it so I feel like this would not be as boring as it might sound at first. 

Potential sources:

Survivor: Gods at War
One of my favorite TV shows is Survivor and I think it could be fun to tell battles from the epics as if they were occurring on my favorite competition reality show.  Stranded on an island, competing in challenges, and making strategic alliances all for a million dollars. I think this could be a funny but dramatic way of retelling battles from the epics in a more familiar context.

Potential Sources:

Survivor Logo I edited with Photopea

Comments

Popular Posts