Camp Allen - The Place to Be (My Favorite Place)

My favorite place is Camp Allen. It is an Episcopal church camp in Navasota, Texas. I have spent at least part of my summer there for the past 13 years. I will be there all of next summer as well. I have made great friends and great memories there. I find my time at camp to be peaceful yet full of crazy fun.
Kelly's Cross at Camp Allen (Personal Photo


Navasota Location on Map: Wikimedia

Getting to work at my favorite place has truly been a blessing the past couple of years. From silly games to deep conversations about God, I have continued to find joy at Camp Allen. I get to spend my days outdoors being silly and I couldn’t ask for a better job.
Me “Instructing” Archery (Personal Photo)

Yes, that is me acting like Shrek in a mud pit. No one else does this at work (Personal Photo)

Comments

  1. OH MY GOSH, Hannah: archery!!! As you probably could have guessed, archery is a huge theme in the epics. For the hero of the Ramayana, the bow is his preferred weapon, and you will also see displays of archery in the Mahabharata. The most famous bows have their own names, like the hero Arjuna's bow named Gandiva, and the bow of Shiva named Pinaka. Someone even did a gorgeous Storybook last semester, you might have even seen it, where Shiva's bow is an actual character in the story... so cool! Tales of the Divine Bow. Anyway, keep an eye out for the bows and arrows in the epics and you will see them everywhere!!!
    Random trivia: just like we have a rainbow, in many languages of India the rainbow is called Indra-Dhanush, Indra's bow, because Indra is the god of rain and storms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came here from your introduction because I actually did want to know what camp you were talking about! I thought it might be the same camp that many of my friends work at during the summer. Not sure if you've heard of it before but it's pretty big and (I would say) well-known. Does Kanakuk ring a bell? Oh I do hope your camp was able to make arrangements for everything going on right now. I bet it's a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts