Week 8: Comments and Feedback

I think the feedback I have received as gotten more helpful as the semester as gone on. I find that the feedback is most helpful when it asks questions or makes suggestions about what could make the story more interesting. Generally the feedback that spends less time pointing out what I did well is the feedback that is most useful and also more enjoyable to receive. When I know what I wrote is good I don't need people to tell me that. I need them to tell me how I could make it better. I try to keep this in mind when I give feedback to others and try to minimize praise in my feedback and maximize my thoughts on potential areas of growth.

I feel like the extra credit writing options have provided a way to get to know people better in this class and I have especially enjoyed getting comments on those posts. It really helps get to know someone when you're reading a biographical story about them.

My hope for feedback going forward is that I'll continue to get more interested and critical feedback. I like it when feedback gives me ideas and things to experiment with and I plan to try my best to give feedback that can do this for others as well.


 I like this feedback cat because I think that good feedback should show you potential yet to be tapped into. Potential writing styles, potential plot lines and more.

Comments

Popular Posts