Story Lab Microfictions: A Helpful Suggestion/Locked Out of Heaven

A Helpful Suggestion?
I told my neighbor I was looking to meet more people in the area. He suggested I take a hike.

Locked Out of Heaven
As Bruno banged on the gates of heaven, he considered the possibility that the rest of his days might be spent waiting here, leaned up against the golden fences. Or if he dare, he might venture down from the clouds to a more lively waiting place to pass the time.


Author's Note: For my two sentence story, I wanted to create something that could be seen as having two possible interpretations. I thought about the phrase "take a hike" and how it is usually used in a mean way to tell someone to go away but also about how lots of people enjoy hiking and how it can be used in a positive way and based my story around that. My second story is loosely based around the Bruno Mars song Locked Out of Heaven and also a form of commentary of my experience with locking myself out of my house today. (oops!) It was hard to create any sort of theme or meaning in only 50 words but I wanted to hint at the possibility that something bad such as getting locked out could lead to a wonderful adventure.  

Bibliography:
"Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars (2012).

Comments

  1. Hi Hannah! I really like the way you crafted your two microfictions into stories that make the reader think about what could have happened next. The beauty of these stories is the reader gets to imagine the rest of the story based on the hook provided by the microfiction. I noticed how "take a hike" could mean two things in the first story, and thought it was a smart addition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts