Storybook Favorites

The first Storybook that I really liked was called Karma: The Good Place. I really like the show The Good Place so I was really excited that they applied that concept to the Mahabharata. I think the Introduction to the Storybook did a really good job of introducing readers to what the show and the Mahabharata itself are about. I thought using The Good Place to inspire the way the story was told really caught my attention and made me want to read through their storybook more than some of the other Storybooks that seemed to be centered around a certain theme or character.

The Good Place Points Image from the Karma:Good Place Storybook

The second Storybook I liked was called I've Got a Job For You. I thought this Storybook was really engaging because of the informal and personal style. I was very hyped to complete the missions talked about in the Introduction. Part of me wished that there was some kind of interactive element to it because I was that invested in completing the tasks given to me via the Storybook but I think my interest in the missions speaks to how well the Storybook was able to spark attention by presenting itself in the format of a personal message.

The third Storybook I thought was interesting is called Reverberations of Time. The Title of the Storybook was really intriguing but I don't know if it was really the most fitting. There was also a discrepancy between the description on the homepage and the information in the Introduction but I really liked the topic of avatars who have encountered each other throughout time. I found the Introduction a tad confusing even though I was already pretty familiar with Rama and Ramayana but I really liked how organized the Storybook felt. There were a lot of clear page breaks that made transitions in dialogue and plot really clear.

Comments

Popular Posts