Microfiction: Always Busy


Quote from Mad“The Invention of Hugo Cabret”, made using Canva

Author's Note: I wanted to write two stories that expressed a similar theme, incidentally I think they've ended up reflecting two different sides of the same coin. I've felt rather busy this week and I wanted to write about taking time to rest in the middle of it. Both may be taken as a commentary on the end of life as well but I didn't really intend for that. I think it's a happy accident.

Here is my dribble (story under 50 words):

Without End
Tick-tock-tick. The clock may stop but time does not. Tick-tock-tick.
Drip-drop-drip. The rain may quit but the river won't sit. Drip-drop-drip.
Lub-dub-lub. The heart may cease but the world is never at peace. Lub-dub-lub.


Here is my, even shorter, 6-word story:

Choose Peace
Life never stills but I will.


Comments

  1. Hi Hannah,
    I think those two story are so relevant to things going on in the modern world. Things keep going and life never seems to stop, but we can choose the actions we do. It's necessary to find what you can and can't control to keep some semblance of sanity in this busy world. I feel like I can never rest or I'll fall behind, but that's not true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah,
    These are so good! I don't think I can ever write something short but so powerful as this. I see what you mean by how they can be taken as the end of life. One can also take that this means that no matter what happens in life, it still goes on. Make the best decisions and really live life how you want it! Even if a person makes a mistake, life still moves on and they should still move on.

    Can't wait to read more cool dribbles like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts