Haters or Teammates?: Feedback Thoughts



The first article I read was "A fixed mindset could be holding you back - here's how to change it". I really like how the article talked about doctors with fixed mindsets and how it isn't realistic to not make mistakes.  The article also made me think about areas in my life outside of school where I might need to reexamine my mindset. Personally, I tend to think of myself at lacking the ability to thrive in large group social settings but I wonder if believing I could be better in such situations actually would.

The second thing I read was not so much an article but a comic titled "Negative Thinking" by Grant Snider. It was all about how your outlook on things effects your perception of how things really are. I think that this comic, like the article, though more about mindset give interesting insight about how to receive feedback. Having a positive growth mindset lets you see feedback instead of criticism and things to improve rather than mistakes.

Comments

Popular Posts